måndag 5 september 2011

Day 15 - Body Self Development and 42 RAW

Yesterday was a very intense day. I went to the Body Self Development School in Copenhagen for a sort of trial day where we got the chance to see a treatment live, do the exercises and try out some of the massaging techniques on each other. The whole thing was done in danish so I had to put a lot of energy into just understanding what they where saying (swedish and danish is pretty similar but a lot easier to understand in written then spoken form). The treatment was done by one of the founders and it was pretty mind blowing. It was great to see how he could scan the body, find and release old traumas etc but I also think there is a risk that a lot of people (including myself) get the expectations that they will become as good as him after studying there for 3 years. But I think the that the founder was born with some gifts that you can't really develop unless you where born with them. Still I think it is very inspiring to watch people that has developed their gifts and see how effortlessly it flows through them. And I would also love to one day be able to help people release blockages and pain and the school seems to teach very good tools for doing so.   


During the lunch break I went to a RAW restaurant that is located just 3 min from the school and is called 42 Raw. A had been told that was not that nice so I was really surprised of how NICE I actually thought it was. The atmosphere was not as cosy as the Tribe but very modern, spacious and inviting. The menu was very appealing and I had a hard time choosing what to have. After ordering a tomato and avocado salad I changed the order at the last minute and had a Avocado Sandwich instead. And boy did I not regret that. It was very simple but SOOO tasty. Actually one of the best raw meals I have had since I started eating raw 4 weeks ago. As a dessert I had a ginger shot (that you got for free if you joined their FB fan page). Really yummie and refreshing. It was just made of apple and ginger and a small amount of beet for the color. 

The Raw Tribe and 42 Raw has very different concepts and I like them both but 42 Raw scored higher this time because of the rich flavors. If I would say something negative about the place it would be the prices. I know a lot of people that would think that 98 dek for a avocado sandwich is over the top. But at the same time it was VERY good, all super fresh and it made me feel really satisfied, so I will be back for sure to try some more dishes. And if  decide to start the education at the Body SDS I might visit this place VERY often during the next 3 years.....



Avocado Sandwich
Chili Mayo(cashew, chili olive oil), avocado, tomato,
 thyme marinated onions and hummus( I forgot to ask for the recipe:()


 
Ginger Shot, apple, ginger and
some beet for color.
The interior at 42 RAW


The cute staff at 42 RAW











     

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar