tisdag 30 augusti 2011

Day 10 - Raw sushi

Did you know that when you heat food that is heated above 188 degrees Fahrenheit, the enzymes in it break down and are rendered useless? In fact, the structure of the molecules changes completely, rendering the food inert and devoid of its life force. In other words, when you overcook food, you are actually killing its life force or Prana. "Andreas Moritz"
True or not it totally makes sense to me especially since I feel have so much more energy since I started eating Raw or Living Food or whatever you want to call it.


Today I have almost eaten only raw. Except for a few bites of divine cannelloni at work. Damn these italians know how to make their pasta way to tempting;-) Me and my sister (who by the way is totally sold on this thing called Raw food. I took a piece of Tiramisu with me home last night and she did not even want it....none of us did:-) made sushi for lunch today. But no fish was involved, only vegetables, nori and an amazing dipping sauce  that I feel in love with at the Raw Life festival in Ängsbacka. The fabulous chef that made it was Boris Lauser, the sweetest Raw Food chef that made us divine food every day. I miss you Boris!!!:-)


Almond Dipping Sauce






Here is the recipe for the Almond dipping sauce (serves 10):
Almonds 1/2 cup 
Dates 1/2 cup
Ginger 4 cm
Garlic 2 cloves
Fresh chili
Tamari 1-2tbsp (I did not have any so I just used salt)
Water 1/2 cup
Lemon 1 squeeze


Try it, it is amazing and can be used for lots of other dishes too.


Time to go to bed.
Love 
Maria














Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar