söndag 28 augusti 2011

Day 8- Kale Chips


Had a lovely sunday. Started off with some morning yoga at Elixia in Masthugget. After biking and yoga with only a very small green smoothie for breakfast I was VERY hungry when I came home to my friend Jonas that I was going to "cook" Raw lunch with. We made a very yummie cauliflower "rice" thaistyle. I'll give you the recipe for that tomorrow if you would like to try it out. 
In the afternoon I made some very yummie Raw chips from a recipe that I found on the web. Very quick, easy and super healthy compared to the chips that some of us buy in the store....
Here is Chrissy’s Goddess kale chip recipe.  You can use the use leftover dressing on most things it is really delicious. I added some fresh chili to the original recipe to spice things up a little. I do love hot stuff;-)
Ingredients:
2 head Kale, Washed and Torn
¾ cup Tahini
¼ cup Nama Shoyu or Braggs  (I sub sea salt out to avoid soy, much smaller amount to taste)
½ cup Cider Vinegar
½ cup Water
2 scallions
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (juice of)
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
¼ cup Fresh Parsley
Preparation:
Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth to get a thick consistency. You may have to add more water. Pour over kale and mix thoroughly with your hands to coat the kale. You want this mixture to be really glued onto the kale.
Place kale onto a Teflex sheet, on top of a mesh dehydrator screen, and dehydrate for 6 hours @ 115 degrees. You’ll need to use two trays. Rotate kale occasionally to dry uniformly.



Sweet dreams
Maria

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar